A look at each Cambridge park

WARNING: if you have no interest in visiting parks in Cambridge then what you're about to read will be extremely boring. If you do have an interest, it will be moderately boring.

For park repairs and unsanitary conditions at the park, call the city at 617-349-4880

To see a map of all Cambridge's parks and get more information, visit:

http://www2.cambridgema.gov/cdd/cp/parks/index.html



Monday, November 14, 2011

Wilder Playground

Wilder Playground, near the corner of Lee Street and Broadway

     Full disclosure- I have only been to this park once as it's close to both Maple and Hancock Streets which I'm much more likely to visit.  I'm sorry- Wilder Park, you just don't do it for us.  
     However I'd kill to live closer to any park and this one would be nice to have on your block.  I mean, I live near a Family Dollar so I buy milk there.  That doesn't mean anyone else should trek to Family Dollar for dairy products. 
    One benefit of Wilder Park is that it is small and fully enclosed, so you can relax and watch while your toddler runs around.  The thing is, the structure is a little big for toddlers, so they'll still need help once they climb up there.  Outside the fence, there is a small park with grass. I really don't mean to insult this fine park, on such a quiet, pretty street- it just lives in the shadows of the greats.

4 comments:

  1. I would travel 30 miles to buy milk at family dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the 60's when all of the play area was located on the West St. side we used to play stickball in that park. The building at 35 West St. was the Hubley's antique store warehouse. They were located on 364 Broadway where Barisimo and Wildflower are located now. We used to call that warehouse "the green monster" because if you could hit a whiffle ball up there you were Carl Yastrzemski. That was the mid-late sixties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I say "play area" I mean the swing sets and slide. Apparently they are gone now. But, when I was working on Lee St (because I no longer live there since the millennials exploded the real estate market there) I noticed a lot of dog owners letting their lovely pooches do poo-poo and then they run away like thieves in the night. such douche- baggery.

    ReplyDelete